Building Problem/Defect Investigation and Resolution
Condon Engineering, P.C. has knowledge of a variety of residential and commercial building structures ranging from the colonial era to modern building designs.
Building Problem/Defect Investigation and Resolution concerns the application of engineering to identify and assess unique and specialized problems in existing structures. Corrective plans and specifications can be developed as well as preparation of packages to allow contractors to place bids on upcoming improvements.
Below are examples of Building Problem/Defect Investigation and Resolution services that are provided by Condon Engineering, P.C.:
- Structural problems such as unevenness/distortion and weaknesses in floors, walls, and roofs, cracks in walls, foundations, and floors, etc.
- Water and moisture infiltration problems
- Electrical, plumbing, and HVAC system problems
- Septic system problems
- Fire damage structural analysis and repair plans
- Resolution of Building Code and Certificate of Occupancy issues such as, building additions, decks, storage buildings, and modifications of existing structures that were done without building permits. In cases like this we will inspect the work, prepare the necessary drawings of existing conditions, and design improvements, as necessary, to make the existing conditions conform to the Building Code. We will also prepare the associated documents for submittal to the Building Department to secure a Certificate of Occupancy
If you have a unique problem not listed under our services, please do not hesitate to contact our office to speak with one of our engineers.